2009/01/01

About me

I am a stay-at-home "multi-tasker" dedicated to looking after 2 very important persons in my life: The "Emperor"(hubby) and The "Prince"(4-yr old son). Since moving to Singapore in 2008, I started learning how to cook. It was out of necessity as my mother-in-law chose not to stay put in KL. As I started out with zero knowledge in cooking, it was really a great challenge. Throughout this learning process, I had encountered numerous failures. However, it was not to the extent of “burning” dinner. Luckily, I have the full support from both my hubby and son. They gave me lots of encouragement in improving my cooking skill.

This food blog covers mainly on simple, healthy and practical recipes that are suitable for toddlers. (In this case, the recommended age is 2 years and above) Personally, I strongly believe that all kids are not born to be picky eaters. With proper planning, you can introduce a variety of nutrition food in a child’s diet. By just being creative and knowing what attracts children’s attention, there is actually a low probability of them turning into picky eaters as they grow. I will not deny the fact that you may face a lot of failures at the beginning, but if you can be persistent and consistent enough in your approach, things are definitely moving onto the right track. As we know, parents can play a vital role in educating their kids the right eating manner and the importance of appreciation to food. To achieve this goal, the parents must first get their own diet on the proper track because a kid’s dietary habit is also a reflection of that of his/her parents. Your influence is much greater that you think.

Some quotations that I like:
“Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.” - Buddha
“It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” - Mahatma Gandhi
"So many people spend their health gaining wealth, and then have to spend their wealth gaining health" - A.J. Reb Materi

No comments: